Take Your First Step On a Journey to Success!
If Your child has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, you may be feeling a little lost in the swirling mass of information available to you, and wondering where to begin.
Fortunately, there is hope. In this engaging and easy read, Emmaline MacBeath, educator and parent of a child with ASD, cuts through the noise surrounding autism, and provides parents with a straightforward, step-by-step guide that will take you on a journey from frustration and doubt to empowerment and success.
Through a series of easy-to-follow action steps, this book covers issues commonly faced by caregivers of children on the spectrum. It offers:
- Nine key topics, such as calm and comfort, communication, and sensory issues, that progress through three levels of difficulty
- A dozen special sections on topics of interest such as keeping your child safe and succeeding as a single parent
- Information on school, society, diet, and exercise as they apply to ASD
- Dozens of book titles for reference and further education
- Personal insights from a teenager who has successfully navigated his journey with ASD
- Plus much more
The most important thing you will learn on the Autism Journey is, no matter the hurdle, anything can be accomplished one step at a time.